Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 23, 2010

NEW JOB!!!

Well, I (anna) have a job! God opened the door at the small hospital in Oswego, NY. It's about a 45 minute drive from where we live. In the winter it will take a bit longer because it's a big snow region up there. The hospital is very small, which I really like! So far the people seem very nice that I'm working with.

This week was my first week! First three days were orientation, then the last two I spent on the floor where I will be working. I shadowed a nurse both days. Next week I have 3 more orientation days, then I'll be on the floor orienting to my new position as a Graduate Nurse! I am working in a Medical/Surgical unit, which means I see everything there! I will get a lot of experience. One section of this unit is pediatrics, and hopefully in a year I will get training to work there! My schedule is day shift, 8 hr days. I will be working every other weekend, and a few holidays per year. I will have to take several classes at the hospital, and pass tests for them, so that they know that my care for my patients will be safe. I still have to take my state boards. When I pass them, I will have my license as a RN! I am looking forward to that!! In the meantime, I'm studying thousands of questions in preparation for the big test!

We are so thankful for this job opportunity! It is an answer to prayer!

Matthew is trying to get into a school this fall to complete his Master's degree for teaching, so that he can have a teaching job. The jobs he applied for all wanted Master's degrees, so he needs one to be competitive. In the fall, he is also planning on substitute teaching whenever the districts give him a call.

We would appreciate prayers as we get our jobs/schooling scheduled, and get our finances in order. Things have been super tight lately, but we have seen God provide in different ways. It's interesting how we didn't appreciate what we had until we didn't have it anymore! Wondering how we will pay rent/bills or buy groceries became an everyday thing for us. We pray that as God provides for us financially, that we always remember it's all from Him, and give back to Him!

Thank you to those who have been praying for us! And, those of you who have helped us out, we say thank you! We are looking forward to the day when we can start helping others out who are in need!

Anna Hess

1 comment:

  1. Anna,
    That's so great! I'm happy to hear that you found a new job. I'll be praying that God continues to provide for the both of you. I know how challenging it can be when money is tight. But, I also know how much closer Aaron and I have become through our financial struggles and how much closer it has brought us to God.
    Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete